A project of the Gadsden Cultural Arts Foundation and the City of Gadsden
872 Chestnut Street
Gadsden, AL 35901
The Gunn-Bellenger House is a historic Victorian home managed the Hardin Center for Cultural Arts that houses the Gadsden Cultural Arts Foundation’s Planned Giving Office. Call (256) 543-2787, ext. 38 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Rentals are currently not being accepted due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The outdoor garden, completed in 2020, is open to the public at all times.
Built in 1886 for Edward Tracy Hollingsworth, a prominent merchant and banker, the two-story Victorian-style house with mansard roof is one of the few surviving examples of late-nineteenth century architecture in Gadsden.
The original complex included a detached kitchen, a well, a servants’ house, and a barn.
In 1901 Dr. and Mrs. Charles L. Gunn purchased the property. It remained in that family until the death of their daughter, Carolyn Gunn Bellenger in 1990, who had bequeathed the house to the City of Gadsden.
The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 19, 1993.
Summer Camps at Imagination Place